Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Moroccan Paintings

As I wait for my simulations to run, its so easy to just go back to Morocco. Here's a pic of paintings sold on the streets of Marrakech. The paintings had a lot of warm colors, to be expected in a desert environment. However some paintings depicting the coastal town of Essaouria had lots of blue. Apparently all the houses there are white washed with a bluish tinge. I bought a medium sized painting with Bandits on the horses. The image of Bandits conquering the harsh desert climate held some fantasy. I was only later disappointed to learn that these depicted tamer version of things, namely horse races in the villages. Alas ! It was quite a task protecting the painting thru' our rough journey. Thankfully my conference bag did the job well. Now it hangs over my dresser.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ interpretation :-) the one you bought is at the left bottom corner?

R.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home